Responsible party pursuant to data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is
Prof. Dr. Frieder Vogelmann
Professor for Epistemology & Theory of Science
University College Freiburg
Telefon: +49 761 203 67617
Your rights as the data subject
You can exercise the following rights at any time using the contact details of the data protection officer:
- Information on your data stored by me and the processing thereof (Art. 15 GDPR),
- Rectification of inaccurate personal data (Art. 16 GDPR),
- Deletion of your data stored by me (Art. 17 GDPR),
- Restriction of the data processing, provided that I may not delete your data due to legal obligations (Art. 18 GDPR),
- Objection to the processing of your data with me (Art. 21 GDPR) and
- Data portability, provide that you have consented to the data processing or have entered into a contract with me (Art. 20 GDPR).
If you have given me consent, you may withdraw it at any time, which will remain in effect in the future.
You can contact a supervisory authority with a complaint at any time, e.g. the supervisory authority of the state of your residence or the authority that oversees me as the responsible party.
You’ll find a list of supervisory authorities (for the non-public area) with their respective addresses at: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html.
Collecting general information during a visit to my website
Type and purpose of the processing
When you access my website – i.e. if you do not register or submit information – information of a general nature will be collected automatically. This information (server log files) contains the type of web browser, the operating system used, the domain name of your Internet service provider, your IP address and the like.
It is processed in particular for the following purposes:
- Ensuring an unproblematic website connection
- Ensuring seamless use of my website
- Analysis of system security and stability as well as
- For additional administrative purposes.
I will not use your data to draw conclusions about your person. This type of information will be statistically analysed by me if necessary to optimise my website and its underlying technology.
The processing occurs according to Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR, based on my legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of my website.
Recipients of the data may be technical service providers, who work on the operation and maintenance of my website as the processor (Strato).
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the reason they were collected. This is generally the case, after the respective session has ended, for data that are used to make the website available.
Mandatory or required provision
The provision of the aforementioned personal data is neither legally nor contractually mandatory. Without the IP address however, the service and functionality of my website are not guaranteed. Furthermore, individual services can be unavailable or limited. For this reason, an objection is excluded.
To protect the security of your data during transmission, I use state-of-the-art encryption methods (such as SSL) via HTTPS.
Questions for the data protection officer
If you have any questions pertaining to data protection, please contact the person responsible for data protection listed above.